Nathan's Famous frankfurters. 1310 Surf Avenue. Coney Island, Brooklyn. NYC.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

IN THE EVE...



....
And I dreamed I was dying
I dreamed that my soul rose unexpectedly
And looking back down at me
Smiled reassuringly
And I dreamed I was flying
And high up above my eyes could clearly see
The Statue of Liberty
Sailing away to sea
And I dreamed I was flying

We come on the ship they call the Mayflower
We come on the ship that sailed the moon
We come in the age's most uncertain hours
and sing an American tune
Oh, and it's alright, it's all right, it's all right
You can't be forever blessed
Still, tomorrow's going to be another working day
And I'm trying to get some rest
That's all I'm trying to get, some rest

American Tune. Paul Simon 1973.
Complet Lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/simon+and+garfunkel/american+tune_20124677.html

No comments: