Nathan's Famous frankfurters. 1310 Surf Avenue. Coney Island, Brooklyn. NYC.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

DOES ANYBODY HERE REMEMBER JEFFERSON??? Memorable quotes III

.
.
.Lisa Simpson: Mr. Jefferson, my name is Lisa Simpson, and I have a problem.
Jefferson: I know your problem. The Lincoln Memorial was too crowded.
Lisa Simpson: Sorry, sir. It's just...
Jefferson: No one ever comes to see me. I don't blame them. I never did anything important. Just the Declaration of Independence, the Louisiana Purchase, the dumbwaiter...
Lisa Simpson: Uh, maybe I should be going. I've caught you at a bad time...
Jefferson: Wait! Please don't go. I get so lonely...

From "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington", the second episode of The Simpson's third season which aired on September 26, 1991. Thomas Jefferson (April 13, 1743 – July 4, 1826) was the third President of the United States (1801–1809), the principal author of the Declaration of independence (1776), and one of the most influential founding Fathers for his promotion of the ideals of republicanism in the United States. Major events during his presidency include the Louisiana Purchase (1803) and the Lewis and Clark Expedition (1804–1806).

1 comment:

marge said...

Mi Lisa es tan sensible!